Thursday, February 18, 2010

When painting a room in my home what color do i paint the ceiling?

i am using a dark brown on the walls and a light beige for the trim, do i still paint the ceiling white, or should i paint it the same color as the trim?When painting a room in my home what color do i paint the ceiling?
I definitely would paint the ceilings the same as the trim. I wouldn't do white, its so boring, and I'm so glad that the designers came out with putting color on the ceiling. Its just what we needed, but were afraid to do it.When painting a room in my home what color do i paint the ceiling?
i would paint it the same colour as the trim for a more complete look.
It's always good to paint room ceilings white as it brightens the room. Also, no reason not to paint it the same color as the rest of the room as long as you're not using a dark color. It's more a case of what you'll be happy with, not someone else's opinion; within reason of course.
I would paint it the light beige.,,I'm painting right now too and I left mine white...but my other room I painted blue like the walls.I read just yesterday,,that you paint it the same color of the walls to make the room look larger,,but i don't see how a darker color on the ceiling would make it look larger?
You'd want a light colored ceiling to give your space the illusion of tall ceilings... tall ceilings looks GREAT in a small space.
u can paint it the same color as the paint, the trim, or u could just leave it white!
If it were me, I would still paint it white, as some else mentioned it gives the illusion of a taller, brighter space. I have heard design shows say paint it the same as the wall. I've seen this done with several colors on different size rooms and I personally found the effect claustrophobic. It really shrank the room in my opinion.





You can paint the ceiling a very pale shade of the trim to keep with the color tone of the room, but I would keep with the white palette. Color samples for nearly all paint companies separate out their ';shades of white'; (most of them have at least 25 colors that are nearly white but not quite) find one that looks good with both the wall and trim color, it can have a hint of color but still give the brightening effect of pure white.
I would use a swirley affect (like clouds) using your dark brown, light beige, %26amp; white, which would tie it all together.
I think this is personal taste and also depends on how big your room is. I saw a decorator on a TV show once that says you ALWAYS paint the ceiling the same color as the walls.
if you want to make the space look bigger then you paint the ceiling the same color as the walls, that way you have the effect of no beginning and no end, but you said you were putting up trim so that won't affect you. matter of personal taste after that, personally I would go with a coconut milk, it looks like coffee with a dash of cream. Good luck.
Yes I would still paint it white, it will give the illusion of a taller ceiling.
I would paint it brighter than the trim. The room will need a light colored ceiling to enhance the available light in the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment