Sunday, February 21, 2010

What is the best way to get rid of water spots on a bedroom ceiling before I paint?

I had heard that if I don't do something the spots will show through even after I paint the ceiling.What is the best way to get rid of water spots on a bedroom ceiling before I paint?
If you can repair the place that the water shows through.. That's the best way however, if you can't do or don't know anyone that can do the repair. Then the next best option is to buy a special paint lke ';UGG'; or other barrier type paint that seals off the water spot...





good luckWhat is the best way to get rid of water spots on a bedroom ceiling before I paint?
Wash the area. Then I would use KILZ 2. There is a regular all purpose KILZ but I just started using KILZ 2. Its the same thing as the all purpose but is a little bit thicker, better stainblocker, odor eliminator, it even covers ink....
Any paint primer should do.(Kill's etc) a quick tip to try to remove the stain without painting would be to spray it with a diluted bleach mixture..
you are correct buy a can of spray shellac spray two coats over the spots prime than paint
Use Kilz on the spots before you paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment