Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What color of furniture should I put together with brown carpet and light brown wall/ceiling paint?

The room I want to make already seems very dark with the brown on the ceiling and a darker brown carpet. I dont want to make it any darker! I would like to paint an accent wall and I would prefer not to put any light furniture in, since I have kids, and you know how that is.. Please give me your ideas!!What color of furniture should I put together with brown carpet and light brown wall/ceiling paint?
Lighter colored inexpensive leather (cleanable). Then throw in pillows of an actual color that you like.What color of furniture should I put together with brown carpet and light brown wall/ceiling paint?
If I were you, I would paint an accent wall a muted turquoise or some other color that will brighten thing up...maybe orange, then look for wrought-iron furniture and I would suggest a slip-covered sofa with pillows to match the accent wall. If you must use wood furniture, I would go with an oak, or something neutral seeming.
Cream
with all the brown you probably need a color to stand out a litle. For a couch i would choose a dark blue green color prefferably in leather since you can keep it clean longer since you have kids. Spills can easily be wiped up. If you choose to paint an accent wall then I would say a gold type of color. I am moving into a house next month with a dining room that has goldish walls and a blue-green color carpet and the colors together look amazing.
Bright red, blue or green. Like these:


http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Soho_Str鈥?/a>


http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Soho_Pod鈥?/a>


http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Soho_Veg鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment