Tuesday, February 23, 2010

To paint walls & texture ceiling of entire house. What are the best tools?

I am buying a house and need to paint all of the walls and texture the ceiling w/ knockdown. Should I buy an air compressor and the separate accessories, buy a Wagner Paint Crew XTRA, or just do it the old fashioned way with a roller? I want to balance ease of use, speed, and long term usefulness. I have a neighbor who has a air compressor and hopper gun, so I might borrow that, but it won't help me when it comes to painting.To paint walls %26amp; texture ceiling of entire house. What are the best tools?
paint the ceiling first. If spraying the ceiling. cover the walls with plastic using removable tape. Consider the colors. Color will change with lighting in each room. Tape down carefully and trim out and then paint using roller and/or new roller which holds paint. Plan to paint a wall at a time. Start a top and move down. Consider if you need scaffolding for tall walls or ceilings...Placing board between two ladders works well. Patch any areas first. Paint doesn't cover everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment