Thursday, February 18, 2010

Should I paint ceiling in guest bathroom?

I am about to paint my small guest bathroom. The walls and ceiling right now are a neutral color and the trim is white. I am about to paint the walls brown, and can't decide if the ceiling should be painted as well. Thanks!Should I paint ceiling in guest bathroom?
No! Don't paint your ceiling brown.





The ceiling should match the walls, but only if the walls are some version of white.





You will regret painting the ceiling brown. You will feel like you are walking into a shoebox each time you use the bathroom.





You should paint the ceiling a slightly off white color, with a brown tone. Your current ';neutral'; tone could have a pink undertone, or blue, etc. These will clash. A white with a brown undertone will look nice.Should I paint ceiling in guest bathroom?
if you paint a ceiling a dark color, it tends to make the height of the room look shorter. dark colors don't do much for height. if you are hellbent on painting the ceiling, i would go with a much much lighter shade of brown, try a dark off white, or a light light tan to offset the brown. it would be a better alternative than leaving it white! hope this helps!
no, all my ceilings are white! keep it that way, it looks nicer to me and my family. good luck!
I don't paint my ceilings I think it looks better
  • norton
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment