Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My 8 month old Yorkie ate some ceiling paint that was spilled in the shed on some small gravel. What do I do?

He got really weak and couldn't walk. My husband thought a rock might be stuck in his throat, so he stuck his finger down it to see - I guess he pushed it on down, but he is acting a little better, except that he is acting like he wants to throw up again. He is drinking milk. What can I do?My 8 month old Yorkie ate some ceiling paint that was spilled in the shed on some small gravel. What do I do?
Call poison control. The number is in your phone book. They'll know whether to initiate vomiting or not. Be prepared because they will want to know what brand of paint, how much, etc.





Call your vet. Any good vet will accept a call after hours and give advise over the phone. Mine will even go into the office and have you meet him there.





My goat drank about a quart of white fence paint once. He was sick for about a day, pooped white for another day and then was fine. But goats are a lot tougher than dogs. My 8 month old Yorkie ate some ceiling paint that was spilled in the shed on some small gravel. What do I do?
Are you sure he actually consumed it? Did you see how much he got? Paint? Paint is toxic. I think you should call your vet. That doesn't mean that you have to take him there, just call and see what they say. Your dog is probably very sick inside, between the rocks in his stomach and the paint, I think this is an emergency.
Don't give your dog milk. It's not that good for them.


I would call your vet for advice. Keep an eye on your dog. If he doesn't eat, drink, play, or do the normal things he usually does, then I would take him in for an exam.
Please take him to the emergency vet right away!
Take him to the vet asap!
VET
Vet he could be poisoned by the paint
if you take him to the vet they usually have a proceedure to deal with issues like this they can sometimes nutralise the chemicals or make your dog vomit to remove most of the poison
Take him to the VET.





He might have gotten poisoned from the paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment