Thursday, February 25, 2010

Just painted the porch, now I have to paint the porch ceiling. I have a white country home, burgandy red door?

and black shutters. Any sugestions other than blue which I do not like on a ceiling? Should it be the samecolor as the door? Perhaps it too should be white? What do ya think???Just painted the porch, now I have to paint the porch ceiling. I have a white country home, burgandy red door?
Some just don't soak up the ?, do they? Way back,when I was young, my grandmother's wrap around porch had a med. to med. dark gray ceiling, and her house was about as old as yours. I'm thinking that it had a red door also, think it's a southern thing-- grey, white, red. Maybe it would work for you porch. I also thought about green but since you didn't like the cloud thing, didn't figure you'd go for a Xmasy theme!! Good luck with whatever color you choose!!!!Just painted the porch, now I have to paint the porch ceiling. I have a white country home, burgandy red door?
In the south, the typical porch ceiling paint is ';haint blue'; -- keeps the ghosts away and also the wasps, as they mistake it for sky. It's a robin's egg (similar to Benjamin Moore ';bird's egg'; - no commercial interest). This would be a traditional porch ceiling in Charleston or Savannah.

Report Abuse



Perhaps a warm yellow or orange, a dark green or a brown green color. A shade of brown or a lighter beige.
I would do a light, light brownish color, white, or perhaps a light variation of your Burgundy (pinkish/brown) to complement your door. If you do a dark color, it will make the area seem smaller. If you do a lighter color it will make the ceiling seem higher. I guess it depends on how high the ceiling is and IF you need it to seem higher than it really is (ie: it is a low, low ceiling).





Good luck.
I THINK YOU SHOULD PAINT THE CEILING SKY BLUE AND PAINT CLOUDS OVER THE BLUE.


I did this in a guest bedroom and everyone oohs and ahhs over it. I had no idea how to do clouds so I started dabbing on white paint in a swirl pattern with cheesecloth and it came out just great.
No green or blue. You might want to consider what kind of hue burgundy paint would cast on people on the porch. I would have to say gray or white as suggested above is your best bet. I know you didn't ask for input on your door but if the burgundy isn't newly painted a bright red is always gorgeous with a white house/black shutters. I think the concept of red doors started in England as a way of saying welcome. Either way, it sounds like your house is done very tastefully. GoOd LuCk!
eggshell or same white as porch


sounds pretty
I'd go with the same color as the door.
I would not do a burgundy color, burgandy is red and reds are warm colors, since the porch is already ';warm';, either go a cool color or neutral.





My choice would be white, or a very very pale sage, almost a white but just a TOUCH of sage.

No comments:

Post a Comment