Sunday, February 21, 2010

I want to stomp my ceiling. How much paint do I add to the sheet rock mud?

what is the ratio for sheet rock mud to paint when stomping a ceiling?I want to stomp my ceiling. How much paint do I add to the sheet rock mud?
one gallon of paint to 5 gallons of mud...





we own a remodeling company..,,this is how we do it..and it works greatI want to stomp my ceiling. How much paint do I add to the sheet rock mud?
I've been in the trades for many years and just researched the term, ';STOMP';.





I'd never ';texture'; a ceiling primarily because it only adds effort at some point after the fact. I include a link below on how to remove that.





I have to say however, that MUD is already designed in a specific consistency for its purpose. Anything added will dilute it, and cause it to dry at a slower rate, possibly drip, or sag, and likely be more of a mess in applying,,,especially on a ceiling.





Rev. Steven
Depends on what color you want to achieve. We do that this summer and painted the wall white.. we mixed the mud in a 5 gal bucket and put about 3 gal of mud and 1/2 a gal of white paint.. We used a hopper though. I'm not sure if the consistency would be right for doing a ceiling. I would play with it until you get the color and consistency you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment