Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I used ceiling paint on my indoor wood trim. Is that ok?

Did you know that ceiling paint is just regular flat latex paint that has been thinned out a bit more? It is a way to squeeze the extra few dollars out of unsuspecting people. Just wipe it off with a wet rag and if you let it dry, sometimes you can just scratch it off.I used ceiling paint on my indoor wood trim. Is that ok?
yes it is okay





the term ceiling paint only means that is is flat white and is most often sold to be used on a ceiling





it will not harm your trim





but it will show every little mark where it gets touched





usually trim gets painted with a satin or semi gloss .... only because it is easier to wipe down with those kinds of paintI used ceiling paint on my indoor wood trim. Is that ok?
It will probably be dull and extremely white and I doubt you can wash it.
Absolutely, it just another white paint. It also makes a good primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment