Saturday, February 27, 2010

I have a problem in that ive got permanent marker on my walls and ceiling and tried to paint gloss over it?

unfortunately it just keeps bleeding through. any ideas?I have a problem in that ive got permanent marker on my walls and ceiling and tried to paint gloss over it?
You can buy something called Stain Stop from places such as B%26amp;Q. You'll need to read the can but it's suitable for things such as painting over damp stains etc before you paint over. It's supposed to stop the stains reappearing thru the paint.





I think it also comes as a spray.I have a problem in that ive got permanent marker on my walls and ceiling and tried to paint gloss over it?
Elaeblue, Ballsac , Appilayd , are all on the right track.


In UK go to a store and buy ';STOPPING';it is as the others have pointed out shellac based and will work
Try putting a couple coats of primer.If this doesn't bleed through,wait about 24 hours and paint.
You need a special primer. I suggest KILZ it will cover and not bleed through. Ask at the paint store.
I think your going to have to sand the walll down past the marker and repaint it all
Simply choose any of the products in the link below.
Use a coat or 2 of primer. This should stop the bleed through and then 1 or 2 coats of your gloss.
try using white wash first, then when it dries paint over it with a darker color
try scraping if off ? with sand paper or knock it off with a chisel and like replaster it and repaint it
A coat of shellac will do the trick. Paint sticks to it very well.
I'm not saying it will work, but try nail varnish remover.
Use a primer that seals in stains.
Mr. Clean magic eraser gets marker out. I use it for everything. If that doesn't work try sanding it before painting it.
the only way i could get rid of it was scrape the paint and marker pen off - sorry i dont expect you wanted to hear that
sand it down until you get back to the marker and then go buy a mr clean magic eraser sponges from your local supermarket in the cleaning isle and wet the sponges wipe and the marker will come off.you should of done that in the beginning before you put gloss over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment