Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I am noticing bubbles in my ceiling paint?

does this mean a leak in the roof possibly, its only really really tiny ones, what are other indications of water damage. I have one small spot I know is from water damage from the bathroom fan came undone but that was fixed ..so I am just hoping there isn't another problem up in the attic. What else should I look out for aside from getting my hubby to go up into the attic.I am noticing bubbles in my ceiling paint?
There might have been some foreign substance on the surface where they are bubbling. Take a pin needle and pop just one and see what comes out. If nothing, then just leave alone. If water, then you need to look in the attic.I am noticing bubbles in my ceiling paint?
it shows more when its shinny let it dry and takea look it could also be reacting with the plaster if you had water damage you didnt say if it was drywall or plaster i asume it was plaster let me know
are the bubbles orange? then it is water leak.
It is most likely just the quality of the drywall work and then the paint is rolled on(yes sprayed on ';but'; the roller is the last thing to touch the surface so it is rolled.) A spray finish is one that is not touched after it is sprayed, such as your car.


So. I would get a ladder and a sharp needle and poke the bubble and then press the paint around the bubble and see if water comes out. If it does, then your answer is in the attic %26amp; on the roof.
First off you want to be sure that your exhaust fan is venting outside, and not just into your attic. That would cause a condensation build-up in your ceiling which, in cold weather , freezes and causes the nails and compound over them to pop. This may be the ';bubbles '; that you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment