Thursday, February 18, 2010

Can you paint a ceiling light fixture? I want the actual glass globe painted - is this possible?

I'm looking to paint the ceiling light fixture in my baby's bedroom. I am doing a Dr. Seuss theme and I haven't been able to find a ceiling light fixture and that's what I want. So, I want to know if it's possible to do and if so what type of paint is safe to use (non toxic, non flammable and so on) to paint Dr. Seuss characters on it. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Can you paint a ceiling light fixture? I want the actual glass globe painted - is this possible?
Seems like a bad idea. It will block the light and, if you ever want to change the theme, you will have to buy a new light. Just paint the ceiling around the light.Can you paint a ceiling light fixture? I want the actual glass globe painted - is this possible?
There are MANY paints on the market for glass. Just go to any craft shop. Toxicity doesn't matter. I, personally, have used regular wall paint with no problem.
yes go for it.
You must use a epoxy based paint,it will stick to the glass and the heat of the bulb will not affect it.
there are high heat paints ,but most good ones are oil based and you would have adhesion problems on the globe,do like the previous answerer suggested and paint the ceiling.painting contractor

No comments:

Post a Comment