Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can one use ceiling paint on a wall?

I am repainting my son's room, and I want to have one accent wall. Is it ok to use ceiling paint for this wall?


Thanks for your advice and suggestions.Can one use ceiling paint on a wall?
You can, but ceiling paint is very very flat and will not look quite as nice or be as stain resistant as an eggshell or satin finish paint. So, if your son puts his dirty hand on this wall, the handprint will be harder to wipe/wash off.Can one use ceiling paint on a wall?
Yes, I always use the same paint for the ceiling and the walls.
No problem
Yep it's pretty much the same, except made to last longer and re-named and most probably has different colours.
Wow you really can learn allsorts on here. I had no idea some places sold ordinary paint just for ceilings. The only ceiling paint I've seen is one that covers cracks or has a texture. You could also use these on walls, they just drip less than ordianry emulsion.
No, never.


The ceiling will become a wall and the house will turn on it's side.








Here's your sign.
ceiling paint has a anti-gravity compound. if you put it on walls it tends to run up.
Go to Home Depot and ask those guys, or go to a painting website and see what they say. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Paint is paint. Never heard of paint just for ceilings.
yeah it is. it won't do anything to your walls, its just made for your ceiling so it will last longer.
It will be fine, try a test strip beside your other wall to be sure you like it. Ceiling paint is just a brighter white than most whites.
You can use the same paint for the walls as you can for the ceilings. As a matter a fact I've never even heard of ceiling paint in all of my 50 years.





I've been painting my houses that we rent out and never have heard of ceiling paint. Use the same pain for the wall and ceilings it won't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment