Thursday, February 25, 2010

Can mineral spirits removed patches of dried paint from a ceiling?

I painted my bedroom walls a different color a month ago with light brown Behr Premium Plus Ultra interior paint and some of it got on edges of my ceiling. Will a small can of mineral spirits remove the light brown patches from my ceiling? Or would I have to buy paint that has the color of my ceiling and paint over it to fix the problem?Can mineral spirits removed patches of dried paint from a ceiling?
You would be better off picking up a qt of ceiling paint, and edging it 鈥?mineral sprits will not cut the water base paint 鈥?Other things will, but you will be likely to smear the ceiling paint at the same time.Can mineral spirits removed patches of dried paint from a ceiling?
You would have to paint over it but that would show the rest of the ceiling as off color. Just live with it as you are the only person who will see it. Be more careful next time or use an edger tool.
You will have to paint over the spots.
repaint the ceiling/ touch up the spots

No comments:

Post a Comment