Thursday, February 18, 2010

Can I paint stained ceiling molding semi-gloss white if I have hardwood floors with stained floor molding?

The floor is medium hardwood with stained floor molding. The ceiling molding is also stained the same color. Is it okay just to paint the molding on the ceiling and not the floor? I also have the same color kitchen cabinets, but they do not go up to the ceiling. The walls are a light, pastel color. The ceiling is white. Is there a special process I need to use to paint the molding since it's stained. The room just seems dark and cut up.Can I paint stained ceiling molding semi-gloss white if I have hardwood floors with stained floor molding?
same situation arose about two weeks ago with my customer and her kitchen.....i call it 'thinking too much'.....remove from your mind the perception that all moldings have to match precisely....the base and flooring are fine but that's where it stops...the crown molding is part of the ceiling and should be treated as such. aesthetically speaking. paint it the same color as your ceiling. the definition of the molding itself will accent itself creating a smoother flow from the ceiling down....can you see it?Can I paint stained ceiling molding semi-gloss white if I have hardwood floors with stained floor molding?
Is it ok from a design standpoint? Yes. You will definitely want to prime the wood, prior to painting.


I would prime a small area and let it dry, to make sure it takes. Good luck.
  • norton
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment